Did you just get a new candle? Want to know how to make it last? Follow these tips to keep your favorite candle burning like new.
1. It's important that your wick or wicks are standing straight up and centered. This is especially important with single wick candles to ensure that it burns evenly.
2. Before the first burn and after each burn trim your wick to a height of 3/16" or 1/4". Be sure to clean out any trimmings before lighting your candle.
3. Light your candle. Wood wicks may take a couple of relights on the first burn.
4. To avoid tunneling and wasting some of your candle, be sure to burn to the edge of the candle container.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your candle :)
P.S.- In addition to these tips, please follow basic candle safety. Do not leave your candle unattended, near children, or pets. Also, do not burn a candle longer than 5 hours at a time.